DRIVING PLANT PRODUCTIVITY IN DIGITAL TIMES- THE IOT ADVANTAGE
Leveraging IoT for Digital transformation in the Manufacturing sector
The ‘Driving Plant Productivity in Digital Times- the IoT Advantage” webinar will be a one-hour event with two insightful sessions and significant audience interaction opportunities.
The Webinar will showcase how IOT can help in driving revenue- focused Digital Transformation, increasing plant productivity and optimising the core processes & operations of the manufacturing sector enterprises.
The online seminar will see presentations from two leading experts with in-depth competence in digital transformation.
These sessions will be followed by ten minutes of Q&A, which will be a great opportunity for industry professionals to learn from the experience of these experts, in order to leverage the insights for their enterprises.
The experts predict:
According to IDC’s Worldwide Semi-annual Internet of Things Spending Guide, “the global spending on the Internet of Things (IoT) is forecast to reach $772.5 billion in 2018, an increase of 14.6% over the $674 billion that will be spent in 2017.
In a new update, it is also expected to sustain a CAGR of 14.4% through the 2017-2021 forecast period. This will see it surpassing the $1 trillion mark in 2020. At this rate, it should grow to $1.1 trillion in 2021.
IoT hardware will be the largest technology category in 2018. The expenditure will be about USD 239 billion, with a focus on modules and sensors and some parts of infrastructure and security.
In 2017, Verizon found the manufacturing industry saw an 84 percent boost in IoT network connections, greater than any other industry surveyed, including Transit, Energy & Utilities, Smart Cities, and Healthcare. The number is slated to grow much faster since the same report says that 73 percent of executives are either researching or currently deploying IoT solutions for their businesses.
The Economic Times Digital Transformation for a Stronger Value Chain
15:00 - 15:05
Intro & house rules by Host
15:05 - 15:25
Keynote: Accelerating growth with Digital Transformation & IoT
15:25 - 15:50
IoT & Plant Productivity for Digital Transformation, IBM
15:50 - 16:00
Q&A moderated by Host
Closing remarks & Attendee Feedback
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
To stay ahead of the rapid changes in the manufacturing industry dynamics, you should be looking for digital readiness and acumen to integrate IT & operations technology, to craft out a much stronger manufacturing operation. IoT has the capability to provide complete end- to -end visibility to the process and plant operations, which can be the game changer for a product line. It can be the base strength your manufacturing operations need- to achieve faster timelines and go to market while assuring minimal production downtime and optimal resources utilization.
The focus of discussions in the Webinar will be on how CIOs can:
Your takeaway from the Webinar
- Use IoT and plant-floor data to predict and prevent equipment failure, improve reliability and reduce downtime. Improve the performance of assets and equipment and lower maintenance costs
- Improve process and product quality
- Apply data insights to reduce warranty and inspection costs, while detecting and resolving quality issues much faster
- Optimize product development
- Integrate product lifecycle management (PLM) and application lifecycle management (ALM) to create a system-level digital twin across product variants and a true digital thread across the lifecycle
- Integrate your enterprise asset management with the IoT
- Extend the useful life of equipment and assets with insights from the IoT
- Improve resources utilization, reduce inventory and find the optimum balance between maintenance and operations
- Power packed experts presentations: Real, live stories and ideas from experts who have done that extra mile and achieved the best in digital transformation by adopting IoT
- Pragmatic, practical and real-time insights - without any feel-good ideas on a technology that could make or break your production strategy.
- Live Interviews: A real-time online opportunity for Q&A with an expert in the field, unlimited access to knowledge with no market trappings.
- Key takeaways and new perspectives: The forum will give you new perspectives and takeaways that you can definitely implement in your digital transformation strategy.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
CTOs and CDOs
Heads of individual production units in manufacturing companies
Heads of automation in factories
IT Directors and IT Managers
Manufacturing and shop floor
Production planning and strategy